Conspiracy Theories
I met with Kenneth and Anne, our friends from Wyoming, at 'Ocho y Medio', my favourite movie house, showing all sorts of Ecuadorian, foreign and unusual films. There is a restaurant/coffee shop on the premises as well, so we can sit and eat while we wait to see the film which was advertised to start at 7, but actually started around 7:30. We saw a collection of 'Ibero-American' mountain films, which were shown at the Banff Film Festival. I was excited to be reminded of Banff, where I had spent alot of time as a young adult, and had wonderful memories of the place. The movies were not as compelling as I had expected, but it was fun to commiserate about our interesting energy issues. Conspiracy theories abound. The 'official' version is that the hydroelectric power plant in Paute, near Cuenca, is out of water due to the lack of rain, and that with rain filling up the dam, power will follow. So we all watch the heavens for rain, and feel relieved when we hear that ...
Comments
Post a Comment